Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fun with Adam and Steph

Scott's Brother and Sister-in-law were so nice and drove all of our things to us from Utah.  Man, I thought I had a lot of stuff, but combined with Scott's and all our new wedding presents, we now have an apartment full.  Literally.  After we moved everything in and got it set up, Scott and I sat on the couch and I looked over at him and said, "I can't imagine moving all this stuff, plus children and their stuff.  That sounds awful!"  Indeed it does.  Unfortunately, I don't thing we can manage to live in an 800 square foot apartment for the rest of our lives.  Darn.



After spending much of the day unpacking, I found food from some of the gift baskets we received from our wedding and made our first meal in the apartment (thank you Scott's ward members)!  Is it just me or do I look really tired in this picture?  I was.


The next day, even though I was itching to unpack the mess in our apartment, we hit the beach.  We used our very important status as new Costco members to buy boogie boards.  They were so much fun!



You are about to view a cheesy newly-wed moment...





We also flew Scott's awesome kite some more!


Later that day we went back home for a BBQ.  I also tried to do some wash.  Who would have thought the washer is on the bottom of a stackable washer and dryer?!  I may or may not have put the dirty laundry and soap in the dryer and started the washer.  You can imagine my shock when the washer finished and the clothes were magically dry.  Well, they were actually still dirty.  Oops.  Scott got a kick it.


This is our first Sunday dinner.  Pretty impressive, huh?


Yes, these are rubbermaid lids.  We're waiting to buy a table until we find a really good deal.


On Monday it was on to Six Flags, where we waited in long, hot lines and lost our camera and phone on the first ride.  Other than that, it was great fun!  Ok, but really it was.







We had so much fun with Adam and Steph--thanks for playing with us, guys!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog! Looks like you two are loving life! I'm glad you made it safely to Cali! You two are so cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I blog too! www.nikijones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete