Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Honeymoon

Scott kept the honeymoon a surprise from me until the day after the wedding--he's a lot better at keeping secrets than I am! We left North Ogden from our open house and stayed in Provo, where we went to church the next morning. Since we didn't get up and ready until about 10 AM, we didn't really know where to go to church. There aren't many ward that start at 10:10...unless it's a BYU singles ward. That's right--we headed up to campus and found a ward that was just begin sacrament meeting. We even saw Scott's old bishop who laughed when we told him we were on our honeymoon (as he should have).

Then it was on to St. George where we stayed in Scott's family friends' beautiful home and visited the grounds of the temple, rode our bikes, ate out a lot (which we both love), and went to the Little Mermaid. My friend Bronwyn was in it, so I got to say hello and introduce my new husband!

St. George Temple




Little Mermaid


Our tickets ended up being one in front of the other, so Scott got to sit next to these two nice ladies...until they found out we were on our honeymoon and rearranged their whole group from Brigham City, Utah so we could sit together.  They were so sweet!  However, this meant the whole section knew we were on our honeymoon, and they definitely enjoyed talking to us about it and giving us a hard time :)



After St. George, we continued on to board a ferry to Catalina Island.   We had a great time kayaking, snorkeling, and staying at the cutest little bread and breakfast ever!  If Six Flags allows us to get our honeymoon pictures back I can show you more...but this is all I took on my camera at Catalina.



Shortly after our fun in Catalina we arrived at our new, very empty apartment where we spent the night on a blow-up mattress and awaited the trailer that would bring our things.  Even though it would seem the honeymoon was over at this point, it still hasn't really seemed to end for me because I never went home!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I am pretty jealous that you got to see Little Mermaid. We miss Tuachan so much. But what a bummer about your camera. I hope they eventually find it!

    Boston

    ReplyDelete