Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Big Girl Job

I officially become a grown-up and started working full-time on Thursday.  In my whole 16 hours of work experience, I have learned that working is pretty much just like school, except not as fun (sorry to burst anyone's bubble who is excited to graduate).  You still have to be on time, do assignments, you could still "get in trouble," and you still have to eat lunch really fast because your lunch break is so short.  But, yes, there is one big difference.  Instead of paying to do work, you actually get paid!  That's right.  Everyday, I will drive a half hour to a building and actually get paid for what I do!  And who can complain about that?

So far, these are my favorite things about my job:

1- I have a very official looking badge with my name and picture.  I wear it everyday and it makes me feel very important when I walk around with it on.  It even has a little string that pulls out and then sucks back in when I'm done scanning it.  It's legit.

2- When people email me with an event, I can "accept" or "decline" it and it automatically goes on my calendar.  It's like magic!  I thoroughly enjoy looking through my calendar and feeling special that so many people want me at their meetings.

3- Someone left a space heater in my office.  I spend my days blasting it at my feet.  Then I get in my car and blast the AC.  Apparently I just like extreme temperatures of air blowing on me.

4- I get to wear high heels everyday.

I know, my job sounds pretty glamorous. I'll include some pictures of my office as soon as I get it decorated.  Right now it's pretty white and boring.  For now, you'll just have to enjoy my "first day of work" picture Scott insisted on taking.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you to have your 'big girl' job. The badge does always make you feel official. I hope you continue to love it!

    ReplyDelete