Thursday, September 8, 2011

Flies

A couple nights ago there were a couple flies near our sliding door.  I killed them both with my notebook and thought nothing else about it...until two days later when I looked over to see this:



They were all over the place!  I'm not typically very grossed out by bugs, but this made me a little sick.  The problem was I didn't want to just start whacking and make them fly all over my apartment.  I tried a soap trap, which did nothing.  (PS I just took a break because I saw another fly to kill.)  Later that night they began to fly around the apartment.  Needless to say, while Scott was in the bedroom studying for his test, I was running around swatting flies with my notebook.  I got pretty accurate, I must say.  Then I decided to look at the window where they all were and I found what I'm pretty sure were fly larvae.  Ewww!  I sprayed the entire sliding door track with Lysol and let it sit to kill any more of those gross wormy things.  Can you imagine how many flies we would have had if they all hatched?!

PS As you can tell, I'm still slightly bored because I haven't started work yet.  My drug test, "employee health assessment," and appointment with HR are all next week.  I gotta go, though, because Rachel Ray just started at the gym.  It's a hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment