Thursday, August 29, 2013

March

OK, let's get this catch-up done so I can blog about my baby!!  The most exciting thing to happen this month was finding out the gender of our baby!  Scott and I both wanted a boy, so we were so excited when the ultrasound tech pointed out two legs and...then asked us what gender we thought it was :)  We told our families over a video call by picking up either Mickey ears or Minnie ears.  It's a Mickey!


Also this month, I thought I had a baby bump.


We went on a "Babymoon" over Scott's Spring Break.  We traveled up the Pacific Coast Highway to San Francisco, then went over to Tahoe and down to Yosemite.  It was such an amazing trip full of lots of variety!

First stop(s)--driving/camping along PCH 


Second stop--San Francisco!

I got to meet up with one of my favorite roomies from college!

Awesome sourdough bread at Boudin's

Ghirardelli Square--I may have come here a few times to get free chocolate :)

Alcatraz

Chinatown

Union Square.  We ate at the Cheesecake Factory at the top of Macey's.


Third stop--Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe was a little dead because it was the off season, but luckily we had some friends we met up with to keep us company!

Emerald Bay

Donner Lake

Last stop--Yosemite
This was such a beautiful park.  We hiked to the top of Yosemite Falls.  It was a lot of work, but very worth it!

The two "half domes" from the top of Yosemite Falls

Bridal Veil Falls with a pretty rainbow

The huge trees at Mariposa Grove (redwoods?)

It was so fun to take one last trip before the baby came and for Scott and me to get a break from busy work and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment