Now that my family's gone, it's back to the job search. I hang out with my computer all day, so I have to find things to entertain myself. Here are my recommendations for some good breaks from job searching:
1- Blogging. Clearly.
2- Baking. That's my solution to just about anything, from boredom, to stress, to happiness, to sadness.
3- Cleaning. Yep, our apartment is pretty sparkling.
4- Help the hubby with his duties as class vice president and LDSSA club president. Do you think I could put this on my resume as work experience as an administrative assistant to an executive?
5- Make boring things into games. My latest challenge is to set the thermostat decently high in my apartment and then see how long I can keep the air conditioner from coming on by using windows and a fan. Today I made it until 4 PM! It gets a little hot, though, so I'm sometimes secretly thankful when Scott comes home and turns the AC on without telling me.
6- Write thank-you notes. Actually I haven't really been doing that. But I should.
I just got home on Sunday from my hiatus. I desperately need to update my blog, but I find I actually enjoy reading other people's blogs more! I admire you for making it to 4 PM without the AC. I'm pretty sure I would last until maybe 10 AM! :)
ReplyDeleteWell...I wouldn't make it until 4 where you live either!
ReplyDelete