Saturday, June 1, 2013

November

My New Hot Dentist
I got to visit Scott in his clinic for the first time!  He gave me an awesome cleaning.  I look forward to the time when I don't have to pay for my own husband to clean my teeth (his school charges people to get work done in the clinic--no exceptions).


Big News!
If I wasn't in catch-up mode I'm sure this would be a very long, exciting post, but here's the quick story.  I had a feeling that I was pregnant, but it was too early to tell.  A few days later after I was actually late, I took a test and it came back negative.  A few days after that, Scott and I were about to go to the temple.  I thought it would be really cool to tell him that I was pregnant there, so I literally ran to the Walgreen's on the corner, bought a pregnancy test, and locked myself in the bathroom.  I was pretty sure it would be negative.  Slowly, the second line began to appear.  It was so faint that I had to look away and close my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't just making it up.  I was shocked!  It was so surreal and I really didn't comprehend anything other than the fact that there was a plus sign on my pregnancy test and that was supposed to be very exciting.  I didn't have time to take another one and Scott was right outside the bathroom door, so I hid all evidence in the shower and embarked on the longest hour of my life.  I didn't want to tell Scott until after we went to the temple, and it is 45 minutes away!  When we finally got done it was raining, which totally ruined my plans because all the benches were soaking wet.  I ended up pulling Scott over by one of the alcoves with a bench and we both stood huddled under a tiny umbrella.  I said, "We're going to have a baby!"  Scott said, "Are you serious?!"  He was so happy and I will never forget the smile on his face.  He loves kids and is really excited to be a dad.  He did want to see the proof, though.  I told him how faint the line was and he was a little concerned I had made it up.  Afterward, we went to The Cheesecake Factory for my birthday and I couldn't stop talking about it.  And, of course, when we got home I took a second test.  (I may or may not have taken a third a few weeks later when I was concerned that I still didn't have many symptoms yet.  I really should have just been thankful.  I didn't know what was coming soon!)

I know this might be weird to post, but I want to have it since this blog is like my scrapbook.
  
My Birthday
For my birthday we celebrated by going to the Cheesecake Factory, which is my favorite restaurant.  Scott gave me Red Robin seasoning, Spaghetti Factory creamy pesto dressing, a couple of workout shirts and pants, and a homemade card with three dollars in it so I could get Wendy's chicken nuggets, fries, and a frosty.  This was extra thoughtful of him because I once told him I think cards are a waste of money and that I would rather have a frosty for the same price.


Thanksgiving
For Thanksgiving we met my family in St. George.  We had a great time biking, eating delicious food, and playing tennis.  My grandparents also met up with us for the weekend, and we had a good time with them as well.  We hadn't planned on telling my family about the baby until Christmas, but I gave myself away by falling asleep basically every time I sat down.  When we could tell my parents knew, we decided it was dumb to pretend they didn't for a month.  My mom's first words after I told her were, "No, really?"  I guess it was pretty obvious!

I was in charge of making rolls, so naturally I had to haul my red Kitchen Aid to assist me. 

Scott and my brothers participated in "Movember."   This is where guys don't shave for the whole month of November to support prostate cancer research or something like that.  I'm all for cancer research, but I'm not really sure how growing facial hair supports it.  I think it's just an excuse for guys to not shave and to prove their manliness.  Clearly, they were very proud of their facial hair.  Personally, I was glad when November was over.


We took family pictures while we were there.


We went to a living nativity at Tuacahn.

No comments:

Post a Comment