Well, I'm still surviving as the Primary President. I can't say I've gotten past feeling stressed and running around during the entire two hours, but maybe that's just what kids are like?! With Scott's help, I've been training myself to think more about what the kids would like and not be quite so practical. Our conversations go something like...
Me: "We ran out of the little bracelets they used to give kids when they're the spotlight child. I think I'm just not going to buy any more because it would save money and they just lose them anyway. It's not very practical."
Scott: "Whatever, they need a prize! Just think about how much you loved getting stuff like that when you were a kid."
Me: "Yeah, but then I lost it."
I'm working on thinking of what the kids would like instead of what I think is practical. Maybe by the time I have kids I'll understand this concept and it will make me a better mom. (Although I still refuse to buy Christmas presents for a one-year-old. All they want is the box anyway).
Here is an example of my developing Primary-ness. I made these hats for the new Sunbeams today (the white paper went all the way around their heads). Right now the hats are probably floating around the hallways of the church or in a garbage can; but you should have seen the look on those kids' faces when I put them on!

No comments:
Post a Comment