Sunday, October 21, 2012

Primary Program

Alright, so I don't have any pictures, but I'll post anyway.  Today was our ward's Primary Program.  Usually this is a Sunday I look forward to as a time to sit back and enjoy a good show full of both funny and spiritual moments.  However, this year was much different.  That's because I was in charge...although I definitely found out the Lord is in charge!

I'll share two favorite moments--one funny and one very touching.

The funny one came at the very first of the program.  We asked all of the Sunbeams to say a good choice they had made and then tell their consequence (they had practiced saying the same choice and consequence over the past few weeks).  Our first Sunbeam said she helped her mom do the dishes.  When I asked her what her consequence was, she said, "Well Daddy just breaks the dishes."  I guess you had to be there, but everyone was laughing super hard and it was pretty funny.

The touching moment came toward the end of the program.  We have a 4-year-old little boy in our primary who is in a wheelchair and has some brain damage.  For his part, we had his 7-year-old brother wheel him to the front and say that their family likes to sing Primary songs to help bring the Spirit into their home and that his brother's favorite song is The Chapel Doors.  The primary then stood and sang it with the two brothers at the front.  The 4-year-old had a huge smile on his face and said, "shhhhh!" at all the right parts when the song says, "Sh! Be still."  Basically everyone in the audience was crying and it was a really cool thing to watch.

The primary kids did so well.  They sang really loudly and said their parts really well.  I couldn't have asked for it to go any better!  We were very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Our program is this Sunday. Big T is so excited for his part. I know how much work goes into a program, and so I know you put a lot into yours. I'm glad you had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete