Sunday, May 13, 2012

I'm alive!  And yes, I have decided to blog once again.  Here's a little rundown of our winter.

First of all, winter without snow/ice/temps below 40 is absolutely wonderful.  I could definitely get used to this.  All I've got to do is find a job for Scott and we're good to go.

However, winter with a husband studying for boards is not absolutely wonderful.  Scott started studying the day after we got back from Utah for Christmas, and boy did he study!  He had originally planned to take them over spring break in March, but after studying for a few weeks he decided he'd rather cram and take them the end of February.  And he passed!  He's a champ.  I was so impressed with how hard he worked, and really I have nothing to complain about because he took them so early I didn't have to be lonely for very long.

The day before Scott took his boards, we took a little break
and went up Mt. Baldy to see some snow!


He passed!!!!!


In February I was invited to be in a bridal faire.  I also played the harp at a wedding in March.  It was an outdoor reception, but it ended up pouring rain all day!  Needless to say, my fingers were quite numb.

 My booth at the bridal faire


February also brought the first Valentine's Day of our marriage.  Since Scott was studying for boards, we postponed most of our celebrations.  However, I made Scott breakfast and he heart attacked my car.  Of course, I also made my grandma's chocolate heart cookies.  A couple of weeks later, we went to Red Robin (which I loved as a child and have rediscovered with Scott's help--they have the best chicken strips ever).  We also stopped by a tropical fish store just down the street.  It's like an aquarium for free!  They had a lot of really cool fish that I plan to buy for the fish tank that I would like in Scott's future dental office.





Around March we took a big step and decided Scott was confident enough on his motorcycle to let me ride on the back.  I was a little nervous the first time, but now it's fun to go on SHORT rides.  (I'm not quite sold on his idea to ride it to the beach.)


Next I would like to announce our most exciting purchase of the winter.  After much debate, we finally threw out all financial wisdom and bought Disneyland season passes!  I'm happy to report that so far they have been totally worth it.  We've been about every other week, and it's a good time for us to get away from life and just spend time with each other (and Mickey, of course).





In April we took a couple of crazy trips to Utah within just two weeks.  One weekend we went to St George to watch my brother in a tennis tournament (which he won!), bike, and spend time with my family.  Then, two weeks later, we headed to Provo to see the BYU Ballroom Dance team in concert and to spend Easter with Scott's family.  It was very fun, but I hope to never make that quick of a trip to Utah again!  Unfortunately, the only picture I have of these trips is Scott and me eating J-Dawgs.  At least I got the most important part!






We also started a little Rubbermaid garden this spring and have enjoyed watching it grow.  When we bought the plants Scott looked at me and said, "You know someone is going to have to water this, right?"  He had noticed my neglect of our house plant.  Luckily, he has been faithful in watering the garden everyday.  I think he is concerned for the welfare of our future children since I can't even remember to water a plant.



A couple of weeks ago, Scott was honored for getting a scholarship and for being on the Dean's List last spring (while we were engaged)!  He works so hard and I am grateful for his dedication!

Scott and the Dean


Earlier this week, Scott's brother and sister-in-law and their cute little boy stayed with us.  We had fun hanging out with them.  We miss living around family!



And, finally, last night Scott and I went to his end of year dental school banquet.  We're so excited to be half way done!



Last but not least, I want to include an update of what we do when we're not out having fun in SoCal.  Scott is still busy with dental school, and is preparing to start seeing patients in June!  This year, he has learned how to do crowns, dentures, and root canals.  He has even learned how to give injections (scary).


I am on a new project at work which will include training 9,000 physicians/MAs/nurses to use an electronic medical record program called EPIC.  There are four trainers and the project will take a little over a year.  I've been learning the new program for a couple of months, and after passing a couple of tests (including presenting in front of a very critical panel) am officially an Epicare Ambulatory Credentialed trainer!  We start end-user training tomorrow.  I have really liked this change and am enjoying being really busy.

Well, that's winter/spring 2012 with Scott and Kathryn.  It's almost our first anniversary!  Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment