Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween, Utah, and Primary

It's been a busy couple weeks for us!  And...it's about to get a lot busier.  Today I was sustained as my ward's Primary President.  My knowledge of Primary is limited to my time there over 10 years ago, so I have lots of learning to do.  Scott says this will be our "Ensign Moment" where we're both super busy and know nothing about Primary, but we pull together to make it work.

Fortunately, I did free up a little time this week because I have completed my Master's thesis project and portfolio!  Both are still under review, so they may need changes, but it's such a relief to have them done.  To view some of my work on the thesis project, click here (watch the videos).  To view my portfolio, click here.  Now I've just got to make it to December when my last class and TA job are over and I will be free!

Scott and I also had some fun for Halloween, although our weekend was a little different than we originally planned.  Grandpa Peterson passed away on Thursday morning, and we were able to go to Utah and be with the Peterson family for the funeral.  It was good to celebrate the life of such a wonderful man and to spend time with family.  I remember Grandpa Peterson as someone who never stopped learning new things, even as he grew older.  He picked up painting and playing the organ much later in life, and I will always remember our long discussion about the harp and organ on a snowy ride home from Provo, and him taking Scott and me around his house and explaining the background of every painting.  He was a great example!

We did get to attend some Halloween festivities before we left, however; we went to our ward trunk-or -treat and to an awesome couples party with some friends from dental school.

We were Snow White and Prince Charming.  My mom made my costume and I made Scott's.  I'm pretty proud of my sewing skills, actually ;)  (He also had felt boots, which you can't see in this picture.)


Scott used his amazing artistic abilities to make the "Mirror" from Snow White.


Our awesome pumpkins we carved at the Petersons'


Look familiar?  It's Lightning McQueen from Cars!


I'm not really sure what mine is...I'm just proud I was patient enough to get this far.


And...I just had to include this one of my cute nephews investigating the homemade root beer.  They were so cute!  All of the Peterson brothers and sisters-in-law and their kids went trick-or-treating together in a big group.  It was so fun!

2 comments: